2 cups White wine
2 cups Fish stock
2 oz Shallots, sliced thin
¼ cup Dry herbs – Tarragon ½ part, ¼ part thyme, ¼ part Rosemary
2 tsp Green peppercorns, smash
2 cups Heavy cream, whipping
1 lb Butter, unsalted, cubes at room temperature
¼ oz Bonito flakes
To taste Yuzu juice, fresh
To taste Kecapmanis (Indonesian soy sauce)
To taste Kosher salt
To taste White pepper, ground
1. Combine the wine, fish stock, shallots, herbs and green peppercorns in a heavy sauce pot.
2. Reduce over medium high heat till thin syrup consistency.
3. Add heavy cream and reduce 70% over low-medium heat – DO NOT BOIL CREAM
4. When the bubbles in the cream starts to get large, remove from heat, add in bonito flakes and whisk in the butter cubes in small batches till all is incorporated.
5. Season with salt, pepper, yuzu juice and kecapmanis as needed.
6. Strain through a cheese cloth or fine chinois and keep in warm area. Do not put into a hot water bath otherwise it will separate.
7. Serve with the scallop cake.