1. Wash freshly picked jaboticaba.
2. Put fruit into stockpot.
3. Add water to just under level of fruit
4. Bring to boil smashing fruit as you are stirring.
5. Strain fruit in jelly bag or chinois.
6. When remaining pulp is cool, squeeze by hand
7. Add pulp to strained juice to increase color and taste.
1 pound melted Original Hawaiian Chocolate Companies dark chocolate
1/3 C warm jaboticaba puree
1/3 C warm white rum
21 egg whites
1 C heavy cream
1. In a stainless steel bowl, melt chocolate over a hot water bath, add warm jaboticaba puree to melted chocolate.
2. Mix chocolate and puree with whisk until liquid is incorporated into the chocolate.
3. In a separate bowl, whip egg white until stiff. Fold into chocolate mixture by hand.
4. Whip heavy cream and fold into chocolate mixture by hand.
5. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1.25 pounds melted and tempered Original Hawaiian Chocolate Companies milk chocolate
Dip the ballons one at a time into the tempered chocolate and set on parchment paper to set up.
When set, pop the balloons and remove to form chocolate cups.
Pipe mousse into chocolate cups.
Measure 8 cups of juice (remainder can be frozen for future use) and bring to a boil.
Add 4 boxes of pectin and return to boil.
Add 8 cups sugar and return to boil.
Remove from fire and fill sterilized jars.
Seal and boil jars for 20 minutes with 2 inches or more of water covering jars.
Remove from water and let cool.